Tuesday 10 August 2010

Three More Sleeps

This is getting pretty exciting.

Work is very very busy - I'm trying to tie up all of the loose ends I've managed to create in the past 6 months, so I'll be working my tail off for the next 2 days and nights. It is very sweet how many times my colleagues have given me sad puppy-dog eyes when they find out I'm finishing up this week, it makes me feel very appreciated.

I've been trying to figure out what knitting & crochet projects to take with me on our trip. I used my loyalty reward voucher from my LYS (Local Yarn Shop for the non-yarny folk) to invest in some bamboo needle tips which should be more airport security friendly than the metal. (Plus, we're going to Scotland, so when people see my Knitpicks gear they will worship me like a god!) So I've got the equipment, now just to choose the projects.

Here's the list so far:
1. Wedding socks for VUH. Yes, we've been married for a few months now and I had planned on having them done for the wedding. Better late than never, right? Sock #1 is finished, and sock #2 is almost there.
2. Crochet socks for me. Sock #1 is done and sock #2 is almost at the heel. These are good for mindless (aka on the plane) crochet, not too much concentration required. I suspect that blocking will consist of hand-washing in a hostel bathroom and leaving on my feet to dry overnight.
3. Possibly another Butterfly Baby Jacket. Not for anyone in particular, I just like the pattern, and it is easy to crochet on the go. and it looks really cute. I've made one before, so the next one might be a size bigger. I have about 75g of Aracunia Ranco in a pretty green that would probably do the job. (And in case I find some leftover factory-second stuff at Wollmeise, it only takes about 60g to make...)
4. Possibly some Twisted socks. They look like fun.
5. Just more socks. Easy to carry around, easy-ish to do, not too much stuff required to make, and a perfect excuse to buy more sock yarn wherever we visit. SpunkySocks need a new toe section, and that would double as a fun project to take as well as nice socks for my VUH to wear.

I've just realised how many projects on my Rav page need to be updated. Sleep is for wimps!

1 comment:

jp said...

Sounds like you are both having a great time. Looking forward to following your trip through the blog.