Monday 23 August 2010

Catching Up

Yes, it's been a busy week.

Day 5, Wed 18th Aug
I went to the V&A museum while my VUH visited The Globe theatre. The V&A was amazing, I can't recommend it highly enough, I enjoyed it much more that the British museum. I got to see some amazing textiles on exhibit and even some lace work that was more than 200 years old!

Then I went yarn shopping. This involved ne being very brave and using the Tube by myself. First stop was iKnit in Waterloo. A hint for anyone thinking of trying it out - don't bother. Really disappointing. And a note for LYS owners - if your husband/boyfriend/random guy is watching the shop for you, try to get him to at least pretend to be interested in customer service. A real bummer.

But fortunately, Loop in Angel was fantastic. Their current location is newish, and the staff were amazingly helpful. I ended up spending money on sone pretty yarn and staying for 2 hours working on a thistle cardie for friends. Great shop, can't wait to go back!

Since I was in a yarny frame if mind, I also went to the John Lewis store on Oxford Street. Australian knitters will understand the joy I felt in finding a department store that had a yarn department! How cool is that!?! I took advantage of the local brands being on sale...

I had a quiet night in while SpunkyBoy went on a ghost walk.

No comments: