Friday 27 August 2010

Day 8, Sat 21st August

Edinburgh Tattoo day! We started the day by wandering down the royal Mile to Hollyroodhouse palace, summer home of HRH. A cool building, and all the better for not being disgustingly ornate. Seeing photos of a young Prince Harry in a kilt and an "I'm up to mischief" grin made me miss my nephews. I resisted the urge to buy them kilts :)
VUH went to the Observatory and Time Ball while I trekked into town for a yarn shop visit and basics shopping.
The Tattoo was... astounding. There were so many people there, and the show was fantastic, so everyone should go. Honest. Make it your mission. The rain cleared up for our show so we were toasty warm. But a note to the US tourist sitting next to me - when everyone else is singing "God Save The Queen", that is NOT the time to sing "Let Freedom Reign". Seriously.

No comments: