Friday 17 September 2010

Wollmesie Part 2

So, after spending much money and sending it all home, we went back to the shop to hang out with the cool kids. Can you believe that some people have the WM as their LYS?!?!

The gals in the store were very, VERY cool. They were all working on some beautiful pieces - gorgeous scarves, intricate gloves with a gazillion cables, socks, the whole box and dice. So I got to pull my project bag out and continue working on my First Crochet Socks (Regia blues, using the Crochet Me Ultimate Socks pattern). They gave us more coffee, dragged a chair oputside so I could join them in the sun, and my VUH went for a wander while I got to hang with the gang.

It seemed amusing to me, but believe it or not, the WM locals do year for other yarns. Oh yes. When my friends and I get together for our LYS nights, we bring along other gorgeous stuff we obtained from other stores. And even though WM is some of the most lovely yarn in the world (my opinion), they brought along and cooed over more yarn! It made me laugh. I did take a photo so I can look it up later - if the WM chicks think it is coo worthy, it MUST be good!

I managed to get my friend Lee on ther phone to get his last-minute order, did another scramble for cash, THEN discovered the "Oops, really factory seconds becuase it's only 100g sock yarn, here have it for €10" section of the shop. OMGOMGOMGOMG!!! The perfect excuse to use the in-house swift and winder and start those Twist socks I've been hankering for... Alas, after paying and winding I realised that although I had the pattern, I didn't have my sock needles. C'est la vie, another day. I do get to carry around my WM cake and stroke it on the odd occassion, so it's all good :)

It was such a fun afternoon. I even got to see Mr WM when he came in to do some repairs, and to make my mark in the graffiti-it-yourself loo. No, this is not a joke, the WC is covered with greetings from all over the world, and even some LSG love from one of my Rav groups.

We eventually said goodbye and went to do a lap of the town. My VUH showed me the stuff he'd found, we had a pint at the local pub, and made our way back to the train station.

I had SUCH a good day! The WM gals have even Rav-friended me so they can keep up with my finished projects - so sweet.

The train trip back to Munich was entertaining with a Buck's party boy seling us some dodgy schnapps. Great fun.

No comments: