Thursday 25 December 2008

Cocktail happy

Merry Chirstmas, everyone! I am full of Christmas cheer and Malibu!

We've been spending the last few days in Napier with Mike's family, and it's been lovely. It's nice to meet people you've only seen in pictures, and to hang out with people you've only met once or twice.

Day 11 cont.

We spent the day hanging out in Napier. We went into town, finished our shopping, visited several yarn shops (yay!), saw Anne & Graham and their loverly new house, (I was very jealous) and generally being the cool dudes that we are. We ended out the day by visiting James (one of M's geek buddies) and Ana and their menagerie. Good times. Mike went a little happy at James's model train layout, and his little-boy-excited-grin was definitely in appearance.

I only went a little crazy at the local yarn shop (JJs), and the big find for the day was a 1.3 kg of red mohair 10 ply, only $10. Now I just have to get it home...

Day 12: Wednesday in Wanganui

We drove with Joy & Vic to visit Mike's niece, Brylee. The drive was about 3 hours in the rain, and I made best use of my time by knitting and napping. Wanganui was... um... wet and cold, full of people shopping and being bothersome. We picked Brylee up from her mum's house and wentr to a local ewatery/gelato bar. Lunch was lovely, then we headed off to the local museum and checked out their collection of Maori portraits and carvings and boats - pretty cool. Brylee was a little sweetie, I'm glad we got to hang out for a bit.

The drive home was pretty uneventful, apart from the Train Chasing and stopping at the smelliest antique shop I've ever been to - it really needed some fresh air, so I went and indulged at the Cheesecake Cafe instead :)

Dinner was Wisconsin burgers, and I went to my happy burger place. I managed to get hold of all of my wollongong relatives having the annual Eat Until You Can't Move festival, and they all seemed to be having a fab time.

Day 13: Christmas Extravaganza

Today has been just lovely. Mike's relatives had a big lunch at Joy's house, and it was great to meet/meet up with everyone. There was much eating, drinking (yay!) and being merry. I had a little nanna nap this afternoon, and have just been hanging out for the rest of the day. I have ham and potato salad waiting for me in the kitchen...

No comments: