Friday 13 June 2008

Still Here...

Yes it's true, we're still here!! By now we should have been sitting in the Qantas lounge enjoying a quiet ale and a snack before boarding. But they had other ideas!!!

It all started this morning when Helen received a call from the airline saying that our flight had been delayed by three and a half hours! (They couldn't tell us why either?) So now it's just a case of waiting for the cab to arrive at the later time of 1600 for a 2030 flight.

What I want to know is - what would happen when we rock up to the Check in Desk at Sydney Airport and say "since you've made us wait, how about an upgrade?" You all realise that this means less time at the other end for sightseeing, I have a list a mile long of places to visit, eg Paddington, Marylebone, Euston, St Pancras, Kings Cross etc also Helen wants to go shopping at Lush in Covent Garden so I guess that means I'll just have to amuse myself at the London Transport Museum...

M

2 comments:

Kate said...

ja, all very nice, but tell us more about what is going on now that you are there! nice trains? nice chocolates? nice castles? the end of airsickness for a few weeks?

c'mon Aussie and Kiwi, post pix!

Kate

Kate said...

still no updates :( sorry I didn't answer my texts, I have been trying to bank some sleep. prolly won't work but worth trying :)

I will keep an eye on your blog in the hope of seeing some photos and updates

xx